There are a lot of people who make fitness goals as their New Year’s Resolution, so I thought I would share what I keep in my gym bag in order to make being prepared less of an “excuse.” You will need a few pieces of essential gym gear to maximize your workout. When it comes to working out, they say “putting on your shoes is half the battle”, but I think it is being prepared.
It all starts with choosing the right gym bag itself and I went with lulu lemon bag, mine is older, but would choose the Out of Range Duffel 33L. I find that they are multi-faceted and can hold your work and gym stuff. They are big enough to fit all your belongings, but small enough to still fit in a locker. Very durable and stylish. The lulu lemon bags come with a shoe bag and a space to put your “sweaty unmentionables” so you can knock off #4 and #6 from the list below of things to buy, but they are pricey, so found a few other good options:
Once you’ve selected your perfect gym bag, fill it with the essentials:
- Refillable water bottle, like this one on amazon. Be kind to your wallet and the environment with a refillable bottle, you should be hydrating before, during and after your workout with water. I like glass water bottles because they don’t have BPA and this one has a protective sleeve and an easy flow spout.
- Flip- flops for the showers to keep your feet safe from bacteria. These ones are rubber and quick drying so you don’t put damp flip flops back in your bag.
- Spare toiletries – keep an extra set of your shower products in your gym bag at all times to avoid going back to work knowing you forgot deodorant. It is an added cost up front buying two sets of everything, but you avoid unpacking and packing every day.
- Dry Shampoo
- Blow Dryer like the all in one Revlon blow dryer or this compact Revlon one
- Face wipes
- Shampoo and Conditioner
- Soap/Body wash
- Makeup Travel Containers with Lids so you don’t need to buy full sizes of everything you can scoop some products in these and keep for a few weeks
- Wash cloth/towel to dry off your shower shoes or in case there are no towels at the gym
- Extra pair of under garments and socks
- Shoes and a shoe bag to keep your sweaty sneakers. This bag will lock up the odors so your gym bag doesn’t end up smelling and getting your clean clothes dirty.
- Bluetooth wireless headphones like the Apple airpods
- Clean-dirty packing cube. One thing you will want that allows you to pack your clean clothes on one side and dirty on the other. It is machine washable and ultra-light.
- Lock to secure your personal belongings at the gym while you are working out.
What else do you bring to the gym?